Friday, September 21, 2018

Beasts of Change


So, the new Beasts of Chaos book and a general excitement in my house about Age of Sigmar in general ever since the 2.0 drop means that I'm finally kicking my butt into gear. I'm pretty set in on leading a host of beasts to victory, but still, have no idea how I'm going to build out my army. Until then, these bird-bray will make a nice start.

My six Skyfires, skimming over the lava fields of their home realm of Aqshy.

My two skyfire leaders for if and when I split the squad into six. I think the
feathered boy on the left is especially dashing. 

I wanted to keep the models as colorful as possible. Blue and Orange are the
two primary colors, but green and pink both appear to give some vibrancy.

Besides the lava bases, you can see that all of their arrowheads
are burning with the heat of their realm- all the better to rend with.

My Tzaangor Shaman on the left, and a converted shaman on the left. Built
out of an arcanite cultist, tzaangor arms, and an Escher body she is probably
a bit too 'human', but for now I think she'll do as a mutated human Bray Shaman. 

On these bigger swords, you can better see the volcanic energy that I
want to use throughout my Tzaangor contingent. 

First batch of Tzaangors mounted and ready for painting. 

I didn't like there was only one type of mutant so I made some of my own-
like this winged Tzaangor (though they clearly don't work overmuch)....

... and this three armed bruiser that you can call Shiva.

As much as I like these models I have to think about how next I plan to expand into the Beasts of Chaos. Questions that come to mind are- how do I keep them visually different (obviously they won't be blue) but connected? Do regular gors and ungors have magical volcano swords? Do I use the really nice new Herdstone or try my luck at some sort of Tzeentch themed Flux Cairn? Food  for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment