Thursday, June 30, 2016

WoK House Hadross

On the painting table this week, we have some Wrath of Kings miniatures from Cool Mini or Not. I've loved the idea of an aquatic army/warband for quite some time now, and when an opportunity arose to get my hands on some I had to jump.

I say the purchase as a chance for some cross-system efficiency. Obviously I'll be able to play Wrath of Kings with some people in my area... but that's not all! These models could also easily be used for Frostgrave- either as a warband itself or as an Atlantean play on the 'Thaw of Lich Lord" campaign. Finally I figured they could help round out my theoretical Trident Realms army in Kings of War!

Some aquatic bases WIP's.

What they look like when finished, with some highlighting along the
outside and lichen 'coral'.

My first test model, a Hadross Deepman.

I went with yellow on the weird tentacles to lighten him up some.

A Hadrossian Kaxes. The Hadross take a bio-armor approach that is very
organic... but its occasionally difficult to tell what is flesh, cloth or plate.

Thankfully a little more colorful on the back what with the pouches and
occasional tentacle. Since metal would rust/tarnish, I've decided to give the
blades a ceramic or bone look.

I think I need to work a bit on defining the fins out from the plate/skin
a bit on future models- but still a very cool figure.

Finally my Hadrossian Deepcaller. A conduit for the mysterious 'Deep Voices'.
He came out much brighter than his cohorts, which I like.

But MAN is he a weird one.




2 comments:

  1. Great stuff. Love the base work.

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a struggle to get the color for aquatic to feel right, but I'm pretty happy with it.

      Delete