Tuesday, November 15, 2016

MEPAcon, Painting Victories, and Warriors of Carthage Update!

Well, another con under my belt! This time its the convention that I've been going to the longest, MEPAcon, held in 'sunny' Scranton. My family has coming to this particular convention for over a decade, and over the years I have proselytized to as many friends and acquaintances as I can manage. It's always great fun, with some of the best people I know running and participating festivities- and I can't wait till the Spring already to do it again.~

My favorite local gaming convention in its 31st gathering! Best staff I know,
feels just like home- and getting bigger every year!

Gavlan Goldclaw- its your gold, and his claw~

Playing Loka at the play to win table. A pretty fun game~

I ran my first scenario of Greyhawk Reborn, which I co-authored and premiered
at the con. 'Seeing Hool's Out There' went off twice and we hope to run it again!

I spent a lot of time painting in the two weeks before the convention so that
we could showcase the first scenario of Conan: The Boardgame. I got it done,
and Conan was able to slice his way through a village of fully colorful bad guys.

There was also a Painting Competition! My Hunter Trio here took first
place in the 'unit' category!

Apparently everyone love's Predators... but personally I thank
the adorable little bugs. (I love those guys~)

In other non convention related news, my regiment of Punic War
Veterans are built.

I've carved down the edges of the individual soldiers bases, in the hopes
of making the bases appear at least a little more natural once based.

Also done are my twelve Iberian Cavalrymen.

One of the standard bearers and one of the officers might also by press-ganged
into a individual character role depending on the army list I decide on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment