Thursday, November 3, 2016

KoW Historical and a Pictish Conversion


With the release of KoW historical, we have decided to start a local little ancients league. I
shall be leading the brave forces of Carthage against all who stand before us. I have to
say that I am quite happy so far with the quality/quantity provided by Victrix.

I couldn't help but put together my command sprues, giving me an excellent
roster of Officers and Heroes for my army. Of course I cut myself with
my knife while shaving their bases- so they have a little of my blood as a
sacrifice- how appropriate for Carthage.

I have enough miniatures to make 24 Punic War Veteran Spearmen, 24 Libyan Heavy Spearmen,
14 Libyan Javelinmen, and 12 Iberian Cavalrymen. More than enough to build a 500 point (or so)
Carthiginian army for our escaltion league. Soon I'll post a possible list or two, and maybe what the
other players hope to play!

I gave one of the officers a veteran's shield to connect him visually with
my hardened Punic Warriors.

In other news, our copy of the Conan Kickstarter came in! Relatively soon I'm going to have
all of the Picts painted up and ready to fight Conan and his heroes. As I was painting, I couldn't help
but snip off one of the barbarian's arms and replace it with a GW Marauder's spear arm. It worked
pretty well if I do say so myself, and will add just a touch of variety to my hunter's.

No comments:

Post a Comment